Saturday, March 14, 2009

Generosity

Barbara Bush once said, "Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others."

Many loved ones have opened their minds and hearts and more to help us make it through our current lack of employment. We have recently been overwhelmed by the generosity of our family and friends.

Jean Jacques Rousseau stated that "when a man dies he clutches in his hands only that which he has given away during his lifetime."

We thank you all--May you kind and beautiful people be eternally blessed for your thoughtfulness and goodness of heart!

3 comments:

Kimbooly said...

Wow. I love your heart pictures and the quotes. I'm so grateful to know that people are helping. I feel not-very-helpful being so far away.

We are diligently praying for dad to quickly find work.

Jenni said...

I'm sorry Lonna! You're certainly in my prayers. Having just been through this, I hope it passes quickly for you!

Jenni said...

Side note: Do you watch The Amazing Race? I'm pretty sure that Novosibirsk was featured in last week's episode!