Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Laundry's done!!!!

This job took less time than the stairs (one and one-half weeks) but was so much more difficult. Things I learned to do:

1) hang sheetrock on the ceiling--and the walls around and above my washer









2) cut and put up white beadboard (you would have to enlarge the picture to see the lines of the beadboard) around pipes and electrical outlets and on those pale pink walls (Max had to put in the cement anchors and screws in the one concrete wall--I don't have the hand strength.)
3) cut and install moldings using a miter saw
4) paint a concrete floor
5) add two shelves (with a slanted heating duct running
through the unit









6) paint my almond dryer white. (I learned how online.) However, our kitty checked it out during the night and we now have non-shiny areas on the top in the shape of little paw prints.


Ta da!

5 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, congratulations on finishing the room Aunt Lonna! It's funny, when I saw the title of your post "The Laundry's done!!!!", I thought that you had just finished washing and putting away all of your dirty laundry and were doing to show before and after pics or something. Silly, I know, but that's what I'm working on right now, so it's kind of on my mind. I'm sure that you have had all of that under control for years now.

Kimbooly said...

I was on the phone with my mom right now when I saw your comment, Julia, so I read it to her, and her response at the end was "Oh yeah. Right," with a chuckle.

No, laundry always plagues all of us. Luckily I happen to have a husband who does mine! He does dishes, too. See why he's a keeper? : )

Ok mom, I was going to joke off of your clever title, as well, and ask, "So where's all the laundry that you washed and folded?"

I could definitely see myself writing a self-congratulatory post for completing a load of laundry. It's a big deal. : )

Anyway, fabulous job on that laundry room. The before and after pictures really show the difference in all the work you did. It's amazing. Next I want you to come to my house and tile my kitchen floor with vinyl, and lots of other great tasks. : )

Katie said...

Wow! This looks amazing. I love the colors and it looks so clean and well done. GOOD JOB!!

Kristy Lynne said...

Woah...it looks so nice! That is really going to make it more valuable. Funny how we always make things really nice when we are moving and won't get to relish in them anymore...;)

Shelly said...

I too thought it was something to do with getting laundry done. LOL! You can tell what we're all busy with.

Wow. Want to come finish our basement?